Towards the unbounded sky, over the unfathomable denim blue ocean, the last mild of the day surrendered. The celebs began to surface and the sky dramatically become rosy pink and tangerine. I used to be in Maniwaya Island, a small, palm-fringed island off the coast of Marinduque that made its mark as a perfect weekend getaway of urbanites. It’s a tropical cliché, the place you possibly can bask in the cream sand whereas sipping fruit shake or halo-halo or while reading your favorite guide perhaps.
Not far from Maniwaya Island, about 30 minutes away by boat, is a mere speck on the ocean – Palad Sandbar, a traditional cease in the course of the Maniwaya Island hopping tour. Apart from Palad Sandbar, you’ll almost certainly be whisked away to Ungab Rock Formation and Mongpong Island. I heard the sea right here have nice snorkeling too, but we didn’t get to expertise that, so I can’t actually inform you much about it. Maniwaya Island hopping is a superb activity for families or group of associates, however in case you are a solo traveler, don’t fret, as you possibly can ask your seashore resort or the boat operator in the event you can be a part of the island hopping with different vacationers to save lots of you a couple of bucks.
So, in case you are longing for a DIY trip to Maniwaya Island quickly, right here’s a Maniwaya Island Journey Information that will help you plan your journey itinerary. It’s greatest to mix this with a go to to mainland Marinduque to explore its different tourist spots, because the trip might be quite tiresome as a result of it includes plenty of transfers.
- 1 PRE-TRIP PREPARATION
- 2 HOW TO GET TO MANIWAYA ISLAND
- 3 WHERE TO STAY IN MANIWAYA ISLAND
- 4 MANIWAYA ISLAND HOPPING
- 4.1MANIWAYA ISLAND ITINERARY (2 Days 1 Night time)Right here’s a sample weekend itinerary to Maniwaya Island by way of Common Luna Port. Essential: Pattern Maniwaya journey bills under doesn’t cowl 1-night resort or tenting bills. Additionally, island hopping is ₱1,500 ($29) good for 6 – 8 pax. So in case you are 6 in a gaggle, or you’re a solo traveler and you’ll be becoming a member of a gaggle tour, finances is ₱250 ($5) per individual.DAY 103:00 AM ETD Maniwaya IslandBus to Lucena Grand Terminal. ₱270 ($5.17)06:00 AM Alight at Lucena Grand Terminal.07:00 AM Van to Common Luna. ₱170 ($three.26)09:00 AM ETD Common LunaWalk or take tricycle to Common Luna Port10:00 AM Public boat to Maniwaya Island. ₱150 ($2.87)11:00 AM ETA Maniwaya IslandResort check-inClean up.Organize Maniwaya island hopping tour12:00 PM Lunch. ₱150 ($2.87)01:00 PM Begin of island hopping tour in Maniwaya ₱1,500 ($29) good for 6 – eight pax₱250 ($5) per individual if 6 in a gaggle1.Palad sandbar2.Ungab Rock Formationthree.Mongpog Island4.Snorkeling05:00 PM End of Maniwaya Island hopping05:30 PM Watch sunset06:00 PM Again to resort. Freshen up. Charge gadgets and digital camera batteries.07:00 PM Dinner + socials. ₱150 ($2.87)09:00 PM Lights off.Day 1 Bills ₱1,140 ($22.04)Day 206:00 AM Resort check-out.Proceed to seashore front and await the boat to Common Luna Port.07:00 AM Boat to Basic Luna Port. ₱150 ($2.87)08:00 AM ETA Basic Luna Port.Walk or take tricycle to van or bus terminal or to Basic Luna crossing.09:00 AM Take a van again to Lucena Grand Terminal. ₱170 ($3.26)11:00 AM Alight at Lucena Grand Terminal.11:30 AM Take a bus again to Manila. ₱270 ($5.17)02:30 PM ETA Manila.Day 2 Bills ₱590 ($11.3)TOTAL ₱1,730 ($33.34)If your resort will value you ₱ 1,00zero ($19) per night time, the sample finances will hike as much as ₱ 2,730 ($52.34).Sample finances for solo traveler: In case you can’t discover a group to hitch, and also you’ll go on a personal Maniwaya Island Hopping tour for ₱1,500 ($29), sample finances is roughly ₱2,980 ($57.09) excluding resort or tenting for 1 night time. If you will stay in a resort for ₱ 1,00zero ($19) per night time, complete price range is roughly ₱3,980 ($76.60) for a solo traveler on a personal tour.MANIWAYA TRAVEL TIPS AND REMINDERSElectrical energy in Maniwaya Island runs from 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM only, so be certain that to cost your gadgets and digital camera batteries. You should purchase recent seafood, relying on the catch of the day. Meals are available in Maniwaya Island. In case you are a solo traveler, ask the boat operator or your seashore resort should you can be a part of a gaggle tour to economize. Do not step, stand or kick stay corals when snorkeling as they are tremendous sensitive and you’ll find yourself killing them. Don’t take out the starfish from the sea in your Instagram photograph. Depart the seashells alone, do not take them residence as souvenirs. They serve as natural habitat for some marine animals, they usually play an necessary position in creating lovely, sandy beaches. Admire them of their pure habitat. Additionally, do not acquire sand as souvenirs. Dispose your trash correctly. Depart no trace. Something left on the beaches end up within the ocean. Deliver your personal water bottle, refill water to keep yourself hydrated. Snacks and drinks space out there at sari-sari shops in Maniwaya Island, assist contribute to the native financial system by buying from the small retailer house owners there as an alternative of bringing snacks from Manila. The Coral Backyard is closed as per the DENR’s order, however there’s another snorkeling area where the boatman can take you. Convey aqua footwear for those who plan to snorkel, to guard your ft.MARINDUQUE SERIES:
- 4.2 BAGUMBUNGAN CAVE IN MARINDUQUE
- 4.3 MARINDUQUE ITINERARY
- 4.4 Concerning the Blogger : Gael is a Filipina travel blogger. Her work has appeared in local and international publications. Comply with her on Fb , Twitter and Instagram. For ads, sponsorship and partnerships, you might attain her at gaelhilotinblog (at) gmail (dot) com.LIKE MY PAGE ON FACEBOOK FOR TRAVEL GUIDE UPDATES
- 4.5 FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM
- 5 Watch my newest Youtube video.
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT: One of the best time to go to is from January to early June. If potential, keep away from weekends and holidays as Maniwaya Island can get too crowded.
MOBILE SIGNAL: Knowledge is intermittent, I didn’t have sign on the resort. However there’s 3G at the beach-front area.
ATM: There’s no ATM within the island, so stack up money as every part is on cash basis. Deliver small payments when you plan to purchase drinks and snacks from the sari-sari stores there.
SAFETY: It’s a usually tourist-friendly island, however like in another locations, make sure that you regulate your valuables and don’t depart your gadgets or bag with valuables anyplace.
HOW TO GET TO MANIWAYA ISLAND
Manila to Maniwaya Island
Choice 1 (Bus + Boat) by way of Common Luna Port
This route includes lesser transfer. Be sure though to go away early, and be at Basic Luna Port before 10:00 AM, to catch the general public boat to Maniwaya Island.
Complete fare: ₱530 ($10)
Complete journey time: Roughly 6 hours
1.Journey a bus to Lucena Grand Terminal. You possibly can take JAC Liner, JAM Transit, Ceres, or Lucena Liner. Fare is roughly ₱270 ($5.17) from Manila. Transit time is about 2.5 – 3 hours relying on visitors.
JAC Liner has every day trips to Lucena Grand Terminal from their Kamias and Buendia Terminal starting at 2:00 AM to 9:00 PM and midnight trip at 10:30 PM.
From JAC Liner Cubao Terminal, buses depart for Lucena Grand Terminal on Monday to Thursday from 2:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Midnight trips run from 11:00 PM to 12:00 midnight.
During Friday to Sunday, they have 24 hours operation.
2.Get off at Lucena Grand Terminal.
3.Experience a bus or van to Basic Luna. Van is quicker. Fare is roughly ₱170 ($3.26) and journey time is about 2 hours.
Four.At Basic Luna, walk or take a tricycle to Common Luna Port.
5.At Basic Luna Port, take a passenger boat to Maniwaya Island. There’s just one public boat to Maniwaya Island, and it leaves at 10:00 AM every day. Fare is ₱150 ($2.87) and transit time is roughly 1 hour.
For those who miss the boat, you’ll be able to lease a small boat to Maniwaya Island (good for Four individuals) starting at ₱1,500 ($29). Greater boats might be rented in case you are a big group, should value you round ₱three,000 ($57.47).
Choice 2 (Airplane + Boat): MARINDUQUE AIRPORT TO MANIWAYA ISLAND
This can be a good choice should you intend to discover mainland Marinduque + Maniwaya Island. That is the route if coming from Marinduque Airport to Maniwaya Island.
1.Cebu Pacific Airlines now flies to Gasan Airport in Marinduque, 3 occasions every week (Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday). Journey time is lower than an hour. Ebook your flights at cebupacificair.com
2.Take a jeepney (PHP 20 – $0.38) or tricycle (PHP 150 – $3 – special journey) to Gasan town correct.
3. At Gasan, journey a jeepney to Sta.Cruz. Fare is about PHP 50 ($three).
4. Alight at Sta.Cruz town correct in case you are heading straight to Maniwaya Island.
5. At Sta.Cruz, experience a tricycle to Buyabod Port. Fare is round ₱20 ($0.39) per individual or ₱100 ($1.93) for a most of 5 passengers.
6. At Buyabod Port, take the public boat to Maniwaya Island. Fare is about ₱70 ($1.35); transit time is about 30 minutes.
Passenger boat from Buyabod Port to Maniwaya Island solely leaves twice a day: 7:00 AM and 11:30 AM. And the boat from Maniwaya Island to Buyabod Port leaves every day at 6:30 AM. When you miss the passenger boat, you possibly can charter a ship to Maniwaya Island for about ₱1,500 ($29); good for 4-6 persons.
Choice three: (Direct Bus + Ferry + Boat) By way of Dalahican Port
This can be a good choice when you plan to discover other vacationer spots in Marinduque mainland. Nevertheless it includes a variety of transfers.
Complete Fare: ₱1,160 ($22)
Complete Travel Time: Roughly 9 hours
1.Board a direct bus to Marinduque. JAC Liner has direct trip to Marinduque from Cubao Terminal. The bus departs every day at Four:00 PM, however boarding time is three:00 PM. So, ensure that to be at the bus terminal earlier than 3:00 PM. Fare is ₱900 ($17.22) for Mogpog, Boac and Gasan. Fare is ₱1,00zero ($19) for Buenavista, Torrijos, and Sta. Cruz. Transit time is roughly 8 hours.
This bus will truly board a ferry to Marinduque at Dalahican Port, but the ferry fare + terminal charge is already included in your bus fare.
2.Alight at Sta.Cruz in case you are heading straight to Maniwaya Island.
three.At Sta.Cruz, experience a tricycle to Buyabod Port. Fare is round ₱20 ($0.39) per individual or ₱100 ($1.93) for a most of 5 passengers.
4.At Buyabod Port, take the public boat to Maniwaya Island. Fare is about ₱70 ($1.35); transit time is about 30 minutes.
Passenger boat from Buyabod Port to Maniwaya Island only leaves twice a day: 7:00 AM and 11:30 AM. And the boat from Maniwaya Island to Buyabod Port leaves every day at 6:30 AM. For those who miss the passenger boat, you possibly can charter a boat to Maniwaya Island for about ₱1,500 ($29); good for 4-6 individuals.
Choice 4: (Bus + Ferry + Boat) by way of Dalahican Port
This can be a good choice for those who plan to explore different vacationer spots in Marinduque mainland.
Complete Fare: ₱850 ($16.28)
Complete Travel Time: Roughly 9 hours
1.Board a bus to Grand Lucena Terminal. You possibly can take JAC Liner, JAM Transit, Ceres, or Lucena Liner. Fare is roughly ₱270 ($5.17) from Manila. Transit time is about 2.5 – 3 hours depending on visitors.
- JAC Liner has every day trips to Lucena Grand Terminal from their Kamias and Buendia Terminal starting at 2:00 AM to 9:00 PM and midnight journey at 10:30 PM.
- From JAC Liner Cubao Terminal, buses depart for Lucena Grand Terminal on Monday to Thursday from 2:00 AM to 10:00 PM. Midnight trips run from 11:00 PM to 12:00 midnight.
- Throughout Friday to Sunday, they have 24 hours operation.
2.Get off at Lucena Grand Terminal.
3. At Lucena Grand Terminal, take the jeepney (₱10 -$0.19) or tricycle (₱150 – $three) to Dalahican Port.
4.At Dalahican Port, purchase your ferry ticket + terminal payment. Be sure to know which town you’re headed as a result of there are three ports in Marinduque. In case you are headed to Mogpog, and Sta.Cruz, nearest port is Balanacan Port in Mogpog. If your lodge is in Gasan or Boac, Cawit Port in Boac is the closest. Ferry fare is ₱390 ($7.46) and terminal payment is ₱30 ($0.57).
In case you are going straight to Maniwaya Island, take the ferry to Balanacan Port in Mogpog.
5.Get off at Balanacan Port in Mogpog.
6.Take a jeepney to Sta.Cruz. Fare is ₱50 ($three).
7.Alight at Sta.Cruz city proper.
8.At Sta.Cruz, journey a tricycle to Buyabod Port. Fare is around ₱20 ($zero.39) per individual or ₱100 ($1.93) for a maximum of 5 passengers.
9. At Buyabod Port, take the general public boat to Maniwaya Island. Fare is about ₱70 ($1.35); transit time is about 30 minutes.
Passenger boat from Buyabod Port to Maniwaya Island solely leaves twice a day: 7:00 AM and 11:30 AM. And the boat from Maniwaya Island to Buyabod Port leaves day by day at 6:30 AM. In case you miss the passenger boat, you’ll be able to charter a boat to Maniwaya Island for about ₱1,500 ($29); good for 4-6 individuals.
Choice 5: BY VAN RENTAL/TOUR PACKAGE
In case you are already in Marinduque and you are a giant group and also you need a hassle-free method to discover Marinduque, you possibly can lease a van or avail of tour packages from Dream Favor Journey and Excursions. Van rental begins at ₱1,500 (good for 1-10 individuals) within Boac or Gasan, rental is dependent upon the vacation spot you need to go to, in fact if it is far, the worth is greater. I’ve tried their service and they’re fairly dependable, so I highly advocate them.
Dream Favor Journey and Excursions
Tackle: Brgy.Santol, Boac, Marinduque
Contact#: +63 918 933 1605
E mail: [email protected]
WHERE TO STAY IN MANIWAYA ISLAND
The island is peppered with finances seashore resorts, you possibly can even lease a tent and go camping in Maniwaya Island. Right here’s an inventory of Maniwaya Island Seashore resorts:
MANIWAYA ISLAND RESORTS
Contact Quantity: +63995 406 2027
Charges: Begins at ₱ 1,000 ($19) per night time
We stayed right here during our journey. My room was rustic, clear but small, no area to open my baggage or backpack, and there’s no cellular signal. I needed to ask them to offer toiletries earlier than they gave us one. The bathroom is fairly primary too.
Charges: Begins at ₱ 1,200 ($23) per night time (good for two – 3 pax), ₱500 per night time (Tent rental), ₱300 (deliver your personal tent)
Contact Number: +63 920 555 6256 / +63 928 507 0362
Fee: Starts at ₱1,000 ($19) per night time (good for 2 individuals)
Contact Quantity: +63 922 867 0312 / +63 919 237 5633
Rates: Begins at ₱1,500 ($29) per night time (good for 2 pax)
Contact Number: +63 918 653 2592
Rates: Begins at ₱1,500 ($29) per night time (good for 4 pax)
Contact Quantity: +63 918 653 2592
Rates: Begins at ₱1,500 per night time (good for 2 persons)
MANIWAYA ISLAND HOPPING
Maniwaya Island Hopping tour fee is ₱1,500 ($29) good for 6 – eight individuals. It covers the following:
- MANIWAYA ISLAND – The primary seashore of Maniwaya Island is a long-stretch of powdery and coarse cream sand. The water is blue and clear by the day, some areas are good for swimming, others are usually not. Don’t miss the beautiful sundown in Maniwaya Island.
- PALAD SANDBAR – Like some other sandbar, this tiny speck of sandbar off the coast of Maniwaya Island solely appears when the tide is low. So, be sure to examine the time of low tide on the day of your island hopping so that you gained’t get dissatisfied. We missed it throughout our visit, even if we awakened actually early. For sure, it’s a great spot for swimming and photograph op.
- MONGPONG ISLAND – Another palm-fringed island that’s good for swimming. It is hugged by crystal clear sea.
- UNGAB ROCK FORMATION – A pure rock formation with an enormous fissure proudly standing on a coast of a palm-fringed, inhabited island. The sand right here is coarse and cream, and the water is obvious.
- SNORKELING AREA – A random snorkeling area with no identify, peppered with stay corals and thriving fishes. The Coral Garden that was the snorkeling place has been closed to the public by the DENR. Please be responsible, keep away from stepping, standing or kicking reside corals when snorkeling or swimming. These creatures play an essential position in making sandy seashores. Depart the shells, starfish, and corals alone, don’t take them house as souvenirs.
BAGUMBUNGAN CAVE IN MARINDUQUE
Concerning the Blogger : Gael is a Filipina travel blogger. Her work has appeared in local and international publications.
Comply with her on Fb , Twitter and Instagram.
For ads, sponsorship and partnerships, you might attain her at gaelhilotinblog (at) gmail (dot) com.